martes, 3 de febrero de 2009

Ol' Boys

¨I'd like to have all boys,¨ I found myself thinking yesterday. That was until I entered the all-boys van and smelt the power of having fun for seven hours at camp.

Inside the grown-up me a large part of the little-me still really enjoys laughing at farting stories, imagining dynamite at her greatest potential and living the open conflict of a punch in the shoulder (the little girl in me, stops there).

At one point in the day I lost two young youth on a mountain climb...no biggie, right? While then I start worrying and then we're getting ready to leave and then... here comes two happy-go-lucky boys covered in dirt running towards our soccer game.

My hands were on my hips and they knew what awaited them, yet my tom-boy heart won yet again. With adventure waiting around the corner, rocks to be scaled and stories to be imagined about the forrest monsters, how could one resist?

Make no mistake, I still dished out a stern warning but as our lively van drove away I keep staring at that mountain wondering what adventures were waiting to be discovered.

1 comentario:

granola_granny dijo...

What a fantabulous experience! Adventures with boys are so full of activity that it is tricky to get an accurate head count from time to time.