I secretly plotted to have months in Canada during a warm and sunny season...so really with snow in May and a cool May long I have nothing left to do but laugh at myself.
This weekend I headed into "the bush" where I lost my favourite radio station 540AM...no jeering necessary friends, and came out to beautiful Flin Flon, MB. It's truly breath-taking to behold so many pristine lakes and forests.
Now many lakes are still, quite frozen but alas, the rivers are not. And that is where I went fishing...with my hand!
Yes, the rivers are so packed full of fish(suckers, a necessary evil)that one could walk across the river on them. The surface is lined with their tails. So...you just reach in and grab. Grab hard mind you, 'cuz those suckers can move fast.
I screamed watching others but finally took Eleanor Roosevelt's great advice which I mostly misuse, "Do something that scares you everyday."
Gently I lowered my hand into ice-cold water and harshly grabbed a fish. I felt three years old again, screaming into every lower, evil vocal range possible as I used all my force to hold on. It got away.
A HUGE rush of adrenalin came through me.
So gross and slimy and unbelievably...let me try that again.
Thanks to the great north for the experience.
miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2009
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
2 comentarios:
Great fish story! Wish you had pictures taken for us to see!
Thanks for introducing me to Eleanor Roosevelt's advice. i will take her advice and head out for another challenging shift at work.
Just about the best fish story that I've ever heard. Unlike many 'fish' other stories I have no doubt to its authenticity. I can relate to your reluctance to grab those slippery, slimy, squigglers.
I did something that scared me yesterday, I climbed Sugar Loaf Mountain. Wonder what will stretch me today.
Publicar un comentario