So one of my closest friends went into labour two months early last week. We all held our breath as little Zara entered the world in such a fragile state with pneumonia.
We prayed and lost sleep and called one another constantly. Hoping and waiting. I even got mad at God that an infection had invaded her wee little body.
That all changed when my friends asked me to use my pastor credentials to visit her in intensive care. And I thought that card was only good for book discounts...
It was absolutely precious. Zara and I held hands (her hand is the size of my pinky) while I talked to her and I started to pray she closed her eyes even more shut. Her tiny little chest heaved up and down. We adopted a song as auantie and niece,
¨This peace that I got, it isn't 'cuz all is well. This peace that I go, is 'cuz I follow the one who is faithful. So I won't look at the circumstances, oh no. I'll be looking at his love...¨
As I left she puckered her lips as if to kiss me good-bye.
lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
2 comentarios:
Zara is one blessed baby to have you as her auntie! It sounds like she already senses that. And just wait til she gets old enough to go on expeditions with you. She'll have so much fun! In the meanwhile i am praying that she will thrive and do well.
Meant to say Congratulations on you Blog Site! i love the picture and the name you've chosen.
Look forward to reading more of your posts.
Publicar un comentario