I'm not crazy about kids.
In my blunt confession I feel like good friends who before believing in Christ started all their comments with, ¨I am an atheist.¨ We all knew it was more for their own benefit than our own. Now, we laugh with them.
So, like I said, I'm not crazy about kids...but they do these things that are so darn cute.
I was detailing what Joseph's life was like as a slave and when I asked for a recap on the story one kid boldly stated, ¨Joseph was a man who cleaned up camel poop.¨
We learned about Moses and then painted the lovely princess caring for him just out of his river basket. One boy gently painted the scene and then a few fish...the fish started fighting...there was soon blood and before I could grab the paint brush the blue sky turned to red and the once gentle scene had been devoured. Okay, maybe more Goth than cute.
At church this Sunday our guest preacher left us all impacted. There was a holy silence. A girl whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear, ¨You're right, he does talk a lot.¨ All the reverence in the room turned to laughter.
But of my favourite things, one of the top ten is kids running into your arms. They boogie down the street and then sail into your arms. And then...snuggle their head into your shoulder.
Priceless. In an instant you forget about admin details and worrisome issues and the to-do list looming over your head. Just priceless.
martes, 28 de octubre de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
Love your stories!
i just can't believe that you don't absolutely love kids. i've seen you melt when they come on the scene, and your face lights up like a Christmas tree.
Tell me another story!
Publicar un comentario